Our Commitment to a Safe Stay
Travel looks a little different right now, but our priorities remain the same. We are still committed to providing you a safe and relaxing hotel stay at all our hotels around Africa. That commitment starts with looking at our services and processes to take steps to deliver the safest and most enjoyable experience possible.
We understand that our guests’ expectations for hotel cleaning and disinfecting have changed. That’s why we’ve taken additional measures beyond our industry-leading cleaning standards through the implementation of the AHLEI SafeStay program. This innovative program builds upon our already rigorous cleaning standards by providing enhanced training for Team Members, increased cleaning of
public areas and adjusted food & beverage service, to ensure our guests enjoy a worry-free stay.
Our commitment started with updating our policies, services, and processes to ensure the safest and most enjoyable guest experience possible. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures in our hotels, developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC), to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door
handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
- Social Distancing continues to be a recommended or required practice in public settings. We’ve
adjusted common areas in many of our hotels to help guests adhere to these guidelines. During
your stay, please be mindful of other guests and Team Members and maintain the suggested six
feet of distance.
- For your safety, some services or amenities such as pool, spas, fitness centers, restaurants and
daily housekeeping may be modified or suspended.