A globally competitive vocational, entrepreneurial and life skills training for youth employ-ability
To empower the youth with competitive and employable skills, knowledge and attitudes to enable them participate in National Development.
Strategic Objectives of the Department:
Promotion of access, equity, quality and relevant vocational training in Youth Training.
Promote integration of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Youth Polytechnic training.
Strengthen strategic partnerships and linkages in Youth Training.
Promote technology transfer and innovation for competitiveness in Youth Training.
Strengthen human and institutional capacity in Youth Training.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF DEPARTMENT OF YOUTH TRAINING
- Ensuring that public services are delivered in accordance with national laws, regulations and policies;
- Ensuring modernization of the Public Service by introduction of modern technologies and innovative procedures and systems to improve service delivery;
- Ensuring that public officers demonstrate professionalism, transparency and accountability in performing their duties and that they show courtesy, integrity and neutrality in dealing with citizens;
- Contribute to the development/ review and implementation of Departmental Strategic Plan and ensure that it is linked to CSDP
- Setting comprehensive performance targets and ensuring their achievement;
- Preparing employees in the organization for the desired changes in working styles, attitudes and work ethics;
- Ensuring progressive realization of the Bill of Rights;
- Ensure promotion of National Cohesion and Integration.
Trainees enrollment in Youth Polytechnics
COURSES PROVIDED IN YOUTH POLYTECHNICS
- Garment Making Technology
- Motor Vehicle Technology
- Metal Processing Technology
- Appropriate Carpentry and Joinery
- Hair Dressing and Beauty Therapy
- Food Processing Technology
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Electrical and Electronics Technology